The pupil premium is a Government initiative that targets additional funding at pupils from deprived backgrounds, which research shows underachieve compared to their peers. The premium is provided in order to support these pupils in reaching their full potential.
The Funding Is Allocated To Schools Based On The Following Criteria
- Children who are entitled to Free School Meals
- Children who have been entitled to free school meals in the last six years
- Children of services personnel
- Children who have a parent who has been in the Services in the last seven years
- Children who are looked after and have been in care continually for at least six months
- Children who have been adopted from care